The NHLWAA Executive Committee has established various committees/subcommittees.
- Financial Oversight– The Financial Oversight Committee shall consist of at least three (3) members, at least two (2) of which shall be Directors, appointed by the Board, but excluding the Treasurer as a member of the Committee. The Committee is responsible for oversight of the bi-annual audit and/or review, and performs such other duties customarily delegated to an audit committee. It reports to the full Board.
- Legislative Committee– The Legislative Affairs Committee shall consist of at least two (2) Directors appointed by the Board of Directors. The Committee shall monitor public policy under consideration, update the Corporation on pertinent legislation pending, and act as liaison to inform legislature of issues consistent with the purpose of the Corporation.
- Nominations Committee– The Nomination Committee shall consist of at least two (2) Directors appointed by the Board of Directors. The proposed slate of Officers and Directors shall be posted on the Corporation’s website and presented to the general membership at least thirty days (30) prior to the annual business meeting.
- Training Committee- The Training Committee shall consist of at least two (2) Directors appointed by the Board of Directors. The Committee shall explore topics, coordinate and develop agendas for training opportunities for regular meetings.
- Other Committees. The Board of Directors may designate such other committees as they deem necessary for the efficient conduct of the business of the Corporation. The members of such committees shall include the President or designee, a Director, and such other individuals designated by the Board. Such committees may be discontinued when no longer necessary. Each such committee shall report to the Board of Directors. Committees shall not act on behalf of the Corporation without specific authorization from the Board.